Some of you may remember that Dad and Uncle Dan worked in Alaska in the late 30's or early 40's I believe, and Dad made a commitment to Christ at the AG Church in town and was baptized in Auk Bak.
Above is a shot of the Mendenhall Glacier, with Paul, yours truly, and Keith.
We met Dave Mitchell, an online acquaintance from http://www.nwdiveclub.com/.
Dave owns The Scuba Tank, the dive shop in Juneau. When we told him we were going to be killing 6 hours in Juneau he took off work, picked us up in his truck, and drove around showing us the sights, talking scuba diving, showing us his store and just having a great time. Buying Dave lunch was a small thing to do and doesn't begin to cover his kindness and generosity to us. Thanks Dave - and hope to dive with you someday!
A couple more hours to kill and we were winging our way on in to Gustavus. Good to be "home"!
Although I must admit, I had a good deal of trepidation about what we would find when we got to the cabin. It had been 3 years since we had been there. I suppose I've inherited a bit of Mom's tendency to worry some, or "borrow trouble", so I was pretty concerned about the cabin. An invading bear & a few squirrells would have been a welcome sight, quite frankly. Given the isolated nature of things folks breaking in, vandalizing, or helping themselves to our meager belongings was a very real possibility.
In my next post I'll start sharing what we found!
No comments:
Post a Comment